Monday, November 3, 2008

“My eyes already touch the sunny hill,
going far ahead of the road I have begun.
So we are grasped by what we cannot grasp;
it has its inner light, even from a distance.
and changes us, even if we do not reach it,
into something else, which, hardly sensing it,
we already are;
a gesture waves us on, answering our own wave...
but what we feel is the wind in our faces.”

-- Rainer Maria Rilke

Today I had wonderful conversations with 3 very interesting people - Ceri, Shadrick and Susan. A lot of it was about depth, and understanding things from a deeper level - seeing from a place that your rational self could never take you to, and yet it recognised it when you got there. I think that is part of what presencing is - and there are many ways to get there. Then I found this poem on someone's blog today and loved it - Rilke and Rumi have a way of saying things so well... good night

No comments: